Friday, November 2, 2007

You're Rockin' With the Best, 4Ever


One of the cool things about tha city is the music scene. The fellas call you up to let you know they are jammin' tonight. Well okay, I'll leave the laptop for a bit to do one of the things I love to do. There's nothing like going to a show. You never know who you're gonna see or wha cha gonna hear.

So I got to give credit where cred is due. I’ve seen these cats a bunch of times and never tire from the ride. Robert Glasper, Casey Benjamin, Chris Dave, Derrick Hodge, and special guest Mos Def and Renee Neufville, was last night’s rendition of "The Experiment". It was hella cool. Derrick had this effect on his bass, man you kilt it. Chris is a monster, Robert is just to freakn cool, we'll talk Casey later. Thank you for the nice trip yall. And, Renee thank you for sharing your experience. Indeed, God is great and you don't have to be in church to know, feel or say it.

I messed up. Didn't get out early and missed the opening acts. Check it, I've been spinning this track called "Fire" at every set since I received it. It’s a timeless piece. Reminds me of a Nona Hendrix, Living Colour meets Parliament(with Bernie Worrell) and George Duke "Dukie Stick " vibe. Darn its HEAVy, Nicky Guiland and Casey Benjamin. Ayo Casey, I didn't know this was your group? OOOOoooo, fire indeed my brother! So thanks to Teddy, I got some music.

So, for those who know the deal. Thanks to Nic, it’s now about Jameson. 17 years of it being all about Cuervo Gold, down the drain. 1 str-8 up and, the spot had "Cherry Wheeeeats"; I'm good to go. The Experiment was feeling it and they played an extra long set. No complaints here, ‘cept for the drunk girl that spilled her drink on my kicks. I'm trying to catch Tip's renewed set @ Love.

Yo, security cats must look at me and just hate on general principle. Is it me or does this happen to you too. Darn, it's 3:15a and dude is still on the job, hard. Sometimes I just want to scream, "MF, don't you know who I am". I come to find out that they don't, so I just play it cool. Finally someone with some sense popped up through the door and told dude, "Yo let him in". Great! Love is on some ole different decor. Hard to describe, but it reminds me of the bar in Star Wars-I from the "Empire Strike Back"? Anyway, the back room is spacious and the sound system is bangin'! Gotta to love the DJ booth, it's huge. Funny, I've been going through a lot of my new business cards lately. I hope they make me some money.

(Bkground noise) I watch "The View" sometimes. It's out of the need to find something else since Bob Barker retired. I've always been a big fan of Whoopi. She needs to do some stand up. I kinda dig her perspective on life. There's not a lot of us of the tube especially talking lifestyle type ish. She's get props!!

Thanks T. Mamoun's is the new "after the club and need something I can eat and keep it moving spot". Baba Ghannouj falafel, $2 and I'm out. Back over the Willie B. I pop in the new Heavy CD. Nicky is singing me into an "i think I love you" scenario. Had a chance to meet her at the club, said sorry that I missed the show, and told her I get crazy reaction to "fire" when I drop it. Didn't get to let her know how beautiful she looked. Well, I guess I must hold it until we meet again.

Well, that's it. Thursday 11pm-Friday-4:30am.

Darn parking is a bitch, but I had the HEAVy cd on blast!!!

No comments: